Thursday, March 31, 2011

At the end of the day, the painful burn of this question - why were you not able to empathise? (With people? With anything? Why can you not feel sad for others, why is your heart like stone?)

These days, I feel like I'm at the top of the world, fueled by things I need to do. I can literally feel myself in my head - no weight on my body to ground me, no weight in my heart to reach out to others. I'm a walking library of books that can be titled "how to focus too much on trying to live your life right, get self obsessed and (accidentally) forget about the people around you".

-

I met another friend to help her with a project last night,

and my answer to this simple question (if you were to change one thing by today, what would it be?) :

- I want people to be able to understand one another, be able to put themselves in each others' shoes.

What understanding do I speak of? There's a great divergence between the person I want to be, and the person I am right now.

-

If I could, I'd change I to an i.

That's what I want change by the end of today. No, forever.

No comments: